Tips and Scripts to Get More Reviews
Using the Catapult My Business Review System, you will get reviews naturally. However, if you follow these tips and tricks, you can get even more high quality reviews faster.
Please Note that Offering to Pay for or Reward Reviews is Illegal in the US. Some companies have been fined $10,000 for offering rewards or financial remuneration for reviews.
- To Enter Customer Emails, Login Here
- The single most important thing you can do to get more reviews is to improve your business. Each month you'll get reports showing your progress on reviews and almost as important, you'll get a customer satisfaction score called a "Net Promoter Score". We’ve found that businesses who consistently receive a Net Promoter Score (Customer Satisfaction Score) in the high 80s or low 90s, can get up to 2-3 times the reviews.
- Your Net Promoter Score is emailed to you in a report at least monthly, so you can track customers' perception of your business/organization and improve.
- This simply makes sense - as you improve your business, more people will be likely to review you and refer you to friends - because you have a GREAT BUSINESS!
- As customers leave you feedback, it's immediately sent to you by email. Be sure and take a few minutes a day to check the emails you receive from the system and assess how best to take care of customers who have issues. You may also want to categorize the issues that come up and train your employees. It's important to note that for employees to change, issues have to be mentioned 7 times in meaningful ways.
- By following the recommendations in the feedback you receive from customers, you’ll be able to improve your business which will help increase the number of reviews you receive, which can also increase the number of referrals and business your company gets.
If you sell a service with one-on-one customer contact, try saying the following:
- “If I/we do a great job, when we’re done, would you mind giving us an online review?”
If you have a receptionist setup a service appointment ahead of time try this script:
- “When we finish [your service], we’d like to send you a survey to make sure the [job] turned out ok. What email would you like us to send that to?”
Important: Please remember that providing incentives or rewards to get reviews is illegal. Businesses have been fined $10,000 by the FTC recently for breaking that law.
If your business is a restaurant or similar where it may be more challenging to get customer emails, you may want to try the following:
- “Put in your business card for a chance to win a free meal!”